Dear Birth Parent,
We know that you are looking at our profile because you want to know more about us. If you have ever tried to give someone a good idea of who you are in a letter you know that it is easier said then done. That being said, we will do our best to show you who we are and what kind of life we live and plan to live with our family. Please know that if any questions you have are not answered in this letter, or if you want to know more, we are more than happy to talk with you.
Here are a few specifics about my husband and myself. My husband, Aaron, has his degree in Accounting and is currently working as a facilities financial manager. He spends a lot of his day at work but gets home around 6:00pm. He loves to come home from a long day at work and cuddle on the couch with our two dogs, Che and Liberty. In his spare time he likes to be outdoors, whether it is swimming, fishing, camping, or hunting. When we are forced to stay in he likes to watch new movies or play dominoes (he always wins).
My name is Samantha. I am currently working as a bookkeeper but plan to stay home once we have children. I am working towards a degree in Early Education. I love the idea of being a teacher, not to mention the fact that I would have summers off with my kids and I would be home when they get home from school. My mother was an at-home mom and it made all the difference to me growing up, so I want to make sure i am there as much as possible. I am a lot like my husband when it comes to the outdoors but sometimes I would rather stay home and work on crafts. I love to make jewelry and decorate the house with handmade items. I have learned to can a few things like salsa and jam too.
As I have mentioned, we have two little dogs, Che and Liberty. They are both Chi-weenies (Dachshund-Chihuahua mixes). Che is full grown but Liberty is still a puppy so it is fun to watch the difference in the way they play. They are both lovable and great with children. They have a doggy door that lets them go in and out so they spend a lot of time in the backyard playing tug-a-war together. Che was a rescued-dog and we got Liberty as a puppy. While we got them almost a year apart, they act like brother and sister. Some nights watching them play is more entertaining then anything on TV. Che likes to run around the coffee table while Liberty desperately tries to catch him. One of these days we are going to get it on tape and send it to ‘America’s Funnies Home Videos’.
Let me tell you a little about where we live. We built our house in 2007 in a developing neighborhood. I loved being able to pick everything that went in it. Because I have learned how to jar things, I have plans of putting in a garden in our backyard. I had one growing up and I want my children to have their own little sections where they can plant what they want and take care of it (with help from me when needed). Fortunately, our backyard is large enough to have a garden and still have plenty of room to run around. It is fun to watch our two dogs chasing each other around the yard. The best thing about our home is that it is big enough to have friends and family over. Aaron and I love to have BBQ’s. We usually set up games and a movie for our friends’ children while all the adults talk for hours. Our neighbors are some of the best people we know. One neighbor across the street from us always calls when she has made too many cookies or brings over flowers for our flower bed because they we on sale. She even has two little dogs that love to come over and play with our little dogs. There is a really nice park with two huge playgrounds and a large pond with several ducks. We fish there sometimes and the fish are pretty big.
I’m not sure what all you want to know about our plans for our family so I’ll just cover the basics. First and foremost I will be an at-home mom until all our children are in school, then I plan on teaching so I can be home when they are. I want to be one of those moms who is always playing with her kids, whether it is finger painting, going to the park, or taking them to the zoo (okay so the zoo is more for me but I know they’ll like it too). I want to be the one to teach my kids the ABC’s and how to count to ten. I don’t think they need to wait until preschool to learn those but I want it to be fun too. My husband goes out of town for work sometimes and when he goes to places like Washington DC or New York City I don’t plan on letting him go alone. He will go to work while the kids and I spend the day seeing the sights. I want our kids to feel like they can talk to us but I also would rather be there mom than their friend so I’ll have to figure out how to balance that one out when the time comes. I know my husband is a very kind man and I can’t wait to see him playing with our kids when he gets home from work. His work ethic and his desire to provide for us will be instilled in our kids I am sure.
Well I hope you have a good picture of who we are. We know the decision you are making is hard, we just hope that we can make it a little easier. If we are the couple for you, we would love to keep you updated with pictures and letters if you’d like. Just let us know and we’ll he happy to accommodate. Thank you so much for your time and we hope that you find the right couple for your baby.
Sincerely,
Aaron and Samantha

